Date(s) - 06/15/2017
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Ever dreamt of doing statistical analysis in R? Or had an inkling to change your current data analysis software and enter the unlimited world of R? Then this bootcamp is for you. Designed exclusively for researchers and faculty of UNC Charlotte, this workshop gets you started on analyzing and modeling data with R.
At Project Mosaic, we want to ease the process of learning advanced analytical tools and accelerate your research output. So we have organized the content in a way that answers the typical questions and addresses challenges in data management and modeling workflow of social scientists. There will be two three-hour sessions conducted on consecutive days (6/15, 6/16). No previous R experience is necessary but other statistical software and modeling experience is needed to attend this workshop. Following is the outline.
Part 1 Essentials
- Introduction R and R-Studio interface
- Creating reproducible research with R-markdown
- File and Project Management
Part 2 Data Management
- Summarizing and organizing data
- Advanced data manipulation with dplyr
Part 3 Visualization
- Visualization and Graphics with R – GGPLOT
- Interactive Visualization
Part 4 Modeling
- Generalized linear Modeling with R
- Tests and Diagnostics
- Managing output and results
Participants should bring their laptops with latest version of R and Rstudio installed. Links to the download pages are below. Please email Paul if you have questions about installation or have troubles. Light refreshments will be provided.
This event is fully booked.